Culture, language, and accessibility
Tuesday, 28 February 2017
- Klein, H. A., Lippa, K., & Lin, M.-H. (2010). As Human-Computer Interactions Go Global. In C. C. Hayes & C. A. Miller (Eds.), Human-computer etiquette: Cultural expectations and the design implications the place on computers and technology (pp. 15–33). Boca Raton, Florida: Auerbach Books. Link
- Cyr, D., & Trevor-Smith, H. (2004). Localization of Web design: An empirical comparison of German, Japanese, and United States Web site characteristics. Journal of the American Society for Information Science. American Society for Information Science, 55(13), 1199–1208. http://doi.org/10.1002/asi.20075
- Adams, J. L. (2001). Conceptual blockbusting: A guide to better ideas. Cambridge, Massachusetts: Perseus Publishing.
- Read the following chapters in Conceptual Blockbusting:
- 4 ("Cultural and Environmental Blocks," pp. 57-76) and
- 5 ("Intellectual and Expressive Blocks," 77-96).