Design lab 9: Developing features
Thursday, 30 March 2017
For today I would like you to think about one feature for our GNURadio-based project and describe it in an issue on GitHub in the repository where you are primarily working. Be responsive to the following:
- What does this feature afford users?
- What are its constraints and how do they help or hinder users?
- How does the feature signify its affordance or how to use it to users?
- What conventions does this feature either respond to, incorporate, or reject, either in the context of interface design generally or GNURadio specifically?
- How will you go about arguing for the inclusion of this feature?
Get creative with this, but make it a very, very specific feature, rather than a general one. You can upload pictures, code snippets, or anything else you want along with the issue.