Understanding tasks and their contexts
Tuesday, 14 February 2017
- Miller, L. (2015). The Practitioner’s Guide To User Experience Design. New York: Grand Central Publishing.
- Read chapter 2, "Creativity Loves Constraints," pp. 44-69.
- Lidwell, W., Holden, K., & Butler, J. (2010). Universal Principles of Design (2nd ed.). Beverly, Massachussetts: Rockport. Retrieved from http://site.ebrary.com.libproxy.lib.unc.edu/lib/uncch/detail.action?docID=10715587
- Read "Heirarchy," p. 122,
- "Heirarchy of Needs," p. 124,
- "Nudge," p. 172,
- "Operant Conditioning," p. 174.
For the last few weeks we have been focused on users, and they will remain in our sphere of attention for the rest of the semester. This week, however, we are going to turn our focus to tasks and put our systems analysis skills to use by tbreaking down the actual tasks that users go through in the context of our larger set of project tasks.