The design process
Tuesday, 24 January 2017
- Roggema, R. (2014). The Design Charrette. In R. Roggema (Ed.), The Design Charrette: Ways to envision sustainable futures (pp. 15–34). Dordrecht, Netherlands: Springer Netherlands. http://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-007-7031-7_2
- Read Chapter 2, "The Design Charette," pp. 15-34.
- Bias, R. G., Kortum, P., Sauro, J., & Gillan, D. (2013). Clothing the Naked Emperor: The Unfulfilled Promise of the Science of Usability. Interactions, 20(6), 72–77. http://doi.org/10.1145/2527299
- Lidwell, W., Holden, K., & Butler, J. (2010). Universal Principles of Design (2nd ed.). Beverly, Massachussetts: Rockport. Retrieved from http://site.ebrary.com.libproxy.lib.unc.edu/lib/uncch/detail.action?docID=10715587
- Read "80/20 Rule," p. 14,
- "Design by Committee," p. 74, and
- "Development Cycle," p. 78.
Today we will talk about planning a design process and ways to envision an uncertain future for the purpose of making decisions.